You are here
The Suffolk Humane Society depends on your generous donations! We are a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and your donation is tax deductible. There are many different ways that you can donate ... browse the list below and see what interests you!
The Suffolk Humane Society does not receive any government subsidies and is completely dependent upon private donors for funding. You can donate by check or by using PayPal's secure weblink! To donate by check, please mail to Suffolk Humane Society, P.O. Box 5038 Suffolk, VA 23435. To donate by PayPal, use the link below to either make a one-time donation or a monthly gift.
United Way Combined Federal Campaign
Suffolk Humane Society is pleased to announce we will now be eligible to accept gifts through the United Way Contributor Choice Program, the Combined Federal Campaign and the Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign. Your gifts will help Suffolk Humane in our mission to end euthanasia as a means to control pet overpopulation.
Please use the following donor designation codes:
Combined Federal Campaign
For military and civilian federal personnel, the CFC number for Suffolk Humane Society is: 38193
Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign
For Commonwealth of Virginia employees, the CVC number for Suffolk Humane Society is: 3349
Combined Charities Campaign
For Combined Charities Campaign (for municipal and public school employees), the CCC number for Suffolk Humane is: 8110
For United Way, you will need to write-in "Suffolk Humane Society"
Be a voice for Suffolk's homeless animals! By becoming a member of the Suffolk Humane Society, your name will be added to a growing list of Suffolk residents who want to show their support. Download our membership application or join online today!
Become a Member
You can donate new or gently used items! Items we currently need are listed to the left - if you have any supplies you would like to donate, please email us to make arrangements.
Immediate Wish List:
- Purina Pro Plan Chicken and Rice Kitten Food
- Purina Pro Plan Chicken and Rice Adult Cat Food
- Purina Kitten Chow in the yellow bag
- Canned cat food (pâté style)
- Canned kitten food (pâté style)
- Kitten Milk Replacement (KMR) powdered formula
- Tidy Cat Litter (clumping style)
- Dog Food
- Blankets & towels (used)
- Laundry detergent (scent-free)
Items always in need:
- Puppy Formula (powdered)
- Dog treats
- Cat carriers
- Collapsible style dog crates
- Large Water bottles for cat cages
- Cat toys
- Cat scratching posts
- Dog toys
- Cat grooming combs, brushes, rakes
- Cat collars (breakaway style)
- Dog collars & leashes (especially for small and medium dogs)
- Hand Sanitizer & Wipes
If you have any supplies you would like to donate, please drop them by our office.
Every time you shop at any of 700+ online stores in the iGive network, a portion of the money you spend benefits Suffolk Humane Society. It's a free service, and you'll never pay more when you reach a store through iGive. In fact, smart shoppers will enjoy iGive's repository of coupons, free shipping deals, and sales. To get started, just create your free iGive account by clicking here. And when you search the web, do it through iSearchiGive.com where each search means a penny (or more!) for our cause!
Verizon Gives Back
Suffolk Humane Society will receive a donation from Verizon when you order a new qualifying residential Verizon product. A Verizon FiOS Triple Freedom SM order will generate up to a $65 donation. What's more, you'll get all the currently advertised promotions, so order today! To learn more, click here.
Charter Community Connection
Charter Communications will be partnering with Suffolk Humane through Charter's Community Connection program. When supporters of Suffolk Humane sign up for one of Charter's services, they will donate money back to Suffolk Humane...up to $125 per person!
In order for your service to qualify, you must follow a few short steps:
- Call 866-443-6187 to sign up for Charter Digital Cable, Charter High-Speed Internet, or Charter Telephone (Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
- Provide the organization ID code: 37004. You must mention the ID code at the time of placing the order for Suffolk Humane Society to get credit.
- Charter will support Suffolk Humane Society by making the following referral contributions for your order: $75 for the first qualifying service you order and $25 for each additional service you order on the same call (maximum of $125). Referral payments are limited to orders placed during one call per customer.
Don't just take your dog for a walk... Take your walk for a dog! Go to WoofTrax.com, download the app, and support Suffolk Humane every time you walk your dog. Every mile you walk, money is donated to Suffolk Humane. Once you start the app, press the "Start Walking for ..." button and the app will keep track of your walk. When you finish your walk, it is credited to Suffolk Humane. The more people we can get walking with WoofTrax.com, the more we can make, so please spread the word!